CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Divorced Single Mom at 25...

"Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left."Jean Kerr

Life doesn't always play out the way we hope or expect it to. As children and teenagers we fantasize about the future we will have and how perfect it will be. Before we understand reality and the struggle and difficulties that come along with being an adult.
So here I am 25 with a 4 year old son and a 2 1/2 year old daughter and am going through a difficult divorce. I feel like I am just one of the statistics. I was in an abusive relationship for 3 years where I felt powerless and stuck. So I am starting this blog as a source of healing. A way to sort through all the thoughts I have made myself numb to for so long.
Hopefully slowly this will bring me some healing. The future doesn't hold what I expected it too, not even close. I have been led down a path I am not exactly sure how to deal with. Each day brings new battles but many blessings as well. Right now I am taking it one day at a time trying to keep my head above water. This is a just another chapter in the book I call my life.

0 comments: